AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please!
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Project Coordinator for its Sections & Litigation department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
The Project Coordinator assists with the day-to-day operations of the department. The Project Coordinator works closely with AAJ’s 100 Litigation Groups to ensure all members have access to the resources they need.
Job duties include:
• Producing digital content for a variety of platforms, including website, social media, e-newsletters, and email correspondence.
• Serve as the first point of contact for member inquiries and request by telephone and email.
• Oversee AAJ Litigation Group Communities and List Servers and respond to all AAJ members and staff inquiries.
• Work directly with Litigation Group Officers and the Litigation Group Leaders Council (LGLC) to recruit new members to AAJ, assist with member retention, and ensure all Litigation Group members are taking full advantage of available resources and benefits.
• Project manage AAJ’s 100 Litigation Groups, ensure Groups comply with existing policies and rules, and improve the Litigation Group membership experience.
• Update and maintain Litigation Group webpages and records in the Association Management System (AMS).
• Act as liaison with other AAJ departments as needed related to Litigation Group needs and promotional items.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS required.
• Two to three years of work experience in an office, non-profit, or association setting preferred; experience working in the legal field or with legal professionals a plus.
• Experience writing, editing, and formatting content, including proficiency in proofreading.
• Ability to identify priorities, work independently on a variety of projects, and resolve issues diplomatically.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Prior experience in Netforum preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with and provide exemplary customer service to AAJ members.
• This position requires travel to the AAJ Winter and Annual Convention, and as needed.
• Interest in social justice, politics, and protecting consumers is preferred.
*The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all employees to show proof of vaccination, including booster vaccination. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination and booster vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff and staff who have not received the booster shot with approved exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at all times.
American Association for Justice (AAJ) delivers Exceptional Education, Unparalleled Advocacy, and a Dedicated Community of Trial Lawyers Fighting for Justice. AAJ promotes justice and fairness for injured persons, safeguards victims' rights—particularly the right to trial by jury—and strengthens the civil justice system through education and disclosure of information critical to public health and safety. With members worldwide, and a network of U.S. and Canadian affiliates involved in diverse areas of trial advocacy, AAJ provides lawyers with the information and professional assistance needed to serve clients successfully and protect the democratic values inherent in the civil justice system.