The Manager, Veterans Programs will oversee the day-to-day operations of VetFran, an IFA Foundation signature initiative, designed to provide veterans opportunities to join the franchise industry. Will be responsible for all aspects of VetFran including membership, internal and external communications, and program engagement to ensure the continued and future success of VetFran. Please visit Franchise.org for a full description of the Manager, Veterans Programs opportunity.
Below is a highlight of the key responsibilities:
• Administer core membership functions such as soliciting and securing new members; coordination and implementation of membership renewal process; communicating opportunities and value proposition to members to increase their engagement level.
• Responsible for content and maintenance of the VetFran website. Work to continually increase traffic to the site and through to member company’s development portals.
• Identify, engage, and collaborate with partners, donors that can help increase VetFran’s reach to the veteran community to increase participation and reach fundraising goals.
• Responsible for coordinating VetFran’s social media presence including content creation and securing content across IFA, Foundation, and VetFran channels.
• Consistently capture and leverage positive stories of veterans in franchising. Publish through the variety of Foundation channels. Work with IFA staff, membership, to utilize their channels when appropriate.
• Support outreach, communication, engagement initiatives that contribute to overall member growth, particular focus on franchisor engagement and retention in VetFran.
Successful candidates will have:
• Bachelors degree; 3 to 5 yrs exp. in related area such as communication, project management, program development, etc.; or a combination of education and exp.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), website development programs, database and list management software.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task; meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment .
• Strong interpersonal skills; build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, association members; ability to manage and lead teams/volunteers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; proofreading, editing, and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability; resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently; forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).